In a world where wireless connection is a must have in every house, routers have become more common as compared to any other device. We stay online almost all the time and we do that using wireless connection provided by routers of different vendors. So what makes us talk about Linksys wireless setup instructions more often than any other vendor’s devices?
The answer is the simple, the Linaksys setup page and the easy to remember Linksys router setup password and username. Both of these ensure quick setup and easy to access Linksys setup page.
Since a huge population of the world owns these devices, the search to know more about the Linksys smart wifi page is huge as well. Therefore, to help their many customers, Linksys has made the Linksys wireless setup instructions easily available for everyone. To reach Linksys setup page and to complete Linksys router setup, follow the instructions mentioned below.
Linksys Wireless Setup Instructions
Before we begin with the Linksys router setup, you would first need access to the Linksys smart wifi page. For this you would need to make the following hardware connections:
- Connect your Linksys router to the modem. Use an Ethernet cable to do this. Connect the Internet port of the router to the LAN port of the modem.
- Next, take another Ethernet cable and connect it from the LAN port of the router to a PC or a laptop. You will need a computer to access the Linksys smart wifi page. You can also use a wireless connection for the setup process but a wired connection is preferred over it.
- Turn on all the devices.
Once all the hardware connections are made, go on to complete the setup process on the Linksys smart wifi page. The steps to these are:
- On the PC, fire up a web browser and go to the website: LinksysSmartWiFi.com or use the IP address 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1, which depends on the default gateway address of the router.
- Next the login page will ask for Linksys router setup password and username. These are default admin credentials. It is different for different models but for Linksys, the Linksys router setup password and username is ‘admin’ for both.
- Next the Linksys setup page will give you an option to either manually install the router or use the Linksys setup wizard to assist you during the installation. (If at any point you feel you are unable to complete the installation, call us on our toll-free number or chat live with us. Our technicians can help you with the same).
- The Setup wizard will first try to detect the internet settings automatically. Once it is able to attain the internet settings it will ask you to continue. Else, you will have to enter them manually. The settings it needs are the PPPOE credentials or any others that would be provided to you by your ISP.
- Next you will be asked to set the SSID and the passkey. These would be used by you and different users to connect to your network. You will also be asked to change the Linksys router setup password and username or the default admin Linksys password. This is a recommended step.
- You now need to enter the type of security you want to opt for. Depending upon the model of the Linksys router, the available options will be different. WPA-2 is the most preferred one but it can be different, depending upon your needs.
- You can now review all the changes and apply the settings if they seem appropriate. You can also start with the Linksys router setup once again if they don’t seem to be right as per you.
You will now be able to access the internet using your Linksys router. If at any point of time you feel you need to make changes to the device, you can simply revisit the Linksys smart wifi page or the Linksys setup page to make the desired changes.
Note: You will have to use the updated Linksys router setup password and username in order to make these changes.
You can also call us if you face any issues on our toll-free number or chat with us if you face any issue during the setup or configuration of your device.