Internet connection problems are quite frustrating. Sometimes you can’t connect to your Wi-Fi at all or sometimes “One device can’t connect to the Wi-Fi”. Maybe it’s just a momentary issue but it normally happened when you need to check something online, write an important email, and so on. If you’re having issues connecting your particular device such as PC, laptop or Smartphone to a Wi-Fi network then you are not alone. This is a common problem that a lot of users experience from time to time. In this article, we will provide you with a few fixes that just might solve your issue i.e. “One device can’t connect to the Wi-Fi”. You will have to try all the methods listed below.
Try the troubleshooting tips listed below and hopefully you would be able to fix the error:
1. Reboot your Router and device-
There can be a problem with your router and not your device. Try to reboot your router by unplugging it from the power outlet and then wait for at least 30 seconds before you plug it back in. Once the router starts, connect it to the wifi again. If still, your device can’t connect to the Wi-Fi then you should also restart your device. Sometimes, a simple restart can solve the problems and takes less than a minute to do.
2. Forget the Wi-Fi network and reconnect:
If the issue “One device can’t connect to the Wi-Fi” re-occurs then you should try to delete the current network from the list of saved networks on your device and re-connect again.
- If the device that you are using is Windows 10, then follow the steps below:
- Firstly, search for the “wifi troubleshooting” and open the result, “Identify and repair network problems”.
- And you will go through a series of diagnostics that can restore connectivity.
- If you are running the Smartphone then go to the “Settings” menu.
- Now search the Wi-Fi option and select your network.
- Next, click the “Forget” button and then reconnect to the same network with your password.
3. Perform a factory reset:
You can perform a factory reset and get rid of any software bugs on your device that might cause connection problems.
- To reset the Smartphone, simply go to the “Settings” and select the “Backup and Reset” option.
- If you are using the PC then reset your PC to reinstall the windows.
- After reset, turn ON your device and try to set up it once again.
- Once the Reset process done, turn on Wi-Fi, select your network, and try to connect by entering the password.
If all the above solutions do not resolve the “One device can’t connect to the Wi-Fi” issue then it’s possible that there is a hardware issue with your device either Smartphone or PC. There can be a problem with your wifi router also. In that case, try replacing the device or router.
We hope this article will help you out to solve the Wi-Fi connection problems. If you need further assistance on this topic, you can call the experts who have years of experience at our toll-free no. which is active all day long.